Do you like to work with your hands and problem solve? Are you interested in learning how to operate heavy equipment? Do you enjoy challenges and learning new things? Are you reliable and detail-oriented?
Join our team!
It can be difficult trying to break into the construction industry with no experience. As long as you have basic knowledge of hand tools and and a mechanical aptitude, we are happy to teach you everything you need to know about foundation repairs. We will show you the right way to repair a foundation and pour concrete, as well as read engineering plans and operate equipment.
We want to know what your career goals are, and help you to achieve them. The health of the company depends on having a dedicated crew, working together to complete work we can all be proud of. Here at Hughes Construction, we want you to feel like you are a valued member of the team. We are a small family business, and that means every voice matters.
If you want to learn, this is the place to do it. Our owner operator has a degree in construction management and engineering, and as such we work mainly from designs from licensed, structural engineers. This means you are learning how to do things right the first time, and getting a solid foundation of engineering principles that will help you excel in any field in the construction industry.
- We offer steady work; no furloughs or lay-offs and we work year-round. We pay competitive wages-determined by experience level at time of hire.
- We value work/life balance, most days you are off by 4-4:30pm, and we almost never work on the weekends (occasionally the rare Saturday only if necessary).
- We provide all equipment, work shirts and sweatshirts, after one year we offer two weeks’ paid vacation time, paid holidays, as well as a retirement plan with company matching!
- As we grow so will our benefits, so get your foot in the door and grow with us!
Examples of Daily Tasks:
- Loading/unloading trucks
- Site cleanup
- Hand digging
- Moving site material
- Loading/unloading tools
- Facility maintenance
- Truck and equipment maintenance
- Additional duties as assigned
- You must have a valid driver’s license as well as reliable transportation to and from work daily.
- You must be willing to undergo a drug screening and background check.
If you think this sounds like the career for you, please click here to apply now!